- The Philadelphia Art Alliance
The Philadelphia Art Alliance is the oldest multidisciplinary arts center in the United States, bringing the visual, literary and performance arts to the Philadelphia area for all who wish to enjoy innovative creativity at it's best. Nearly 100 years on Rittenhouse Square!
Now presenting Liebesfreud ("Last Fridays" Series) in an elegant 3rd floor Gallery 6 - 8 times a year.
- Academy of Vocal Arts [AVA]
A great place to learn to love opera... and the 'rescue' venue for Liebesfreud's 60th "Last Fridays" Schubert Quintet (January, 2014). Thanks AVA!!
- Trinity Center for Urban Life (TCUL)
A center for the people of the community, responding to their needs by providing culture, education, and social outreach. A diverse group of seasoned professionals (Orchestra 2001) and emerging stars (Astral Artists), young and not quite as young - Liebesfreud! since 2003 - enjoy musical residencies here.
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
- Home to some of the finest performing arts organizations in Philadelphia, among them the Philadelphia Orchestra, Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia, Philadelphia Chamber Music Society and "Liebesfreud" for its appearances in the Sunday Commonwealth Plaza Concert Series.
- Philadelphia Ethical Society
A community of people looking for meaning through creative actions and seeking to enrich lives by improving relationships. Their programs reflect a belief in the individual's capacity to make a difference.
Host during the early years of Liebesfreud's "Last Fridays" concerts in their intimate hall on Rittenhouse Square.
- Strings International Music Festival
The "Strings" Camp faculty, comprised of some of the world's finest musicians, has a passion for classical music. It is this passion, in fact, that has enabled them to develop into world-class musicians. It is the goal at the Strings International Music Festival to pass on to the student - through personal and group instruction - the energy, the enthusiasm, the intensity that set apart the superb player from the average -the extraordinary from the ordinary. Its chamber ensembles, sectionals, and solo performance hours, led by members of the Philadelphia Orchestra, "Liebesfreud" and other internationally-acclaimed musicians, give string players a taste of professional performance. This saturation in classical music education and performance can make a significant impact on the lives of promising performers. Young musicians FALL IN LOVE with classical music here!
- Musical Glossary for Kids
A young music lover named Nora suggested we add this link to help other lovers of music understand the vocabulary musicians often use. So here it is. Thanks, Nora!
- The Philadelphia Orchestra
- One of the world's great symphony orchestras, the premier resident of Philadelphia's Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, site of Liebesfreud's Sunday concerts in its Commonwealth Plaza Series. Liebesfreud violinist, Philip Kates, has been a member for more than 25 years.
- WRTI radio
- Philadelphia's home for Classical & Jazz radio programming. Listener supported. They have one of the most knowledgeable, friendly, experienced and colorful teams in radio broadcasting anywhere. ~ 90.1 on the FM dial. If you tuned in on Mozart's 250th birthday, Friday, January 27th, 2006, at 9:30 a.m., you heard a sneak preview of that evening's "Liebesfreud" concert. We were invited back in September on Shostakovich's 100th birthday and again in 2007 for Elgar's 150th.
- Broad Street Ministry
- New, welcoming and dynamic faith community. Located in the midst of the University of the Arts center city Philadelphia campus. Special interest in reaching out to those students and to members of the Philadelphia arts community in general. Occupies Chambers-Wylie Cathedral, site of Liebesfreud's January 27th, 2006 celebration of Mozart's 250th birthday! and subsequent three concerts in our "Last Fridays" series. Sponsorship of events available. Please contact "Liebesfreud" violinist, Philip Kates, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Orchestra 2001
- Philadelphia's New Music Orchestra with concerts on the campus of Swarthmore College and at Philadelphia's Trinity Center for Urban Life, site of Liebesfreud's annual Beethoven's Birthday Celebration concerts. "Liebesfreud" violinist, Geoffrey Michaels, is a frequent Guest Concertmaster and "Liebesfreud" violist, David Giles, a long time member.
- The Bucks County Symphony
- For more than 50 years, bringing great symphonic music to residents of Doylestown, Pennsylvania and beyond. "Liebesfreud" cellist, Charles Forbes, performs as long time Principal Cello.
- University of the Arts
Philadelphia institution with a long tradition in education and training in the arts. Home to " 'N Zehn", a vocal ensemble under the direction of Jeff Kern, which performed with "Liebesfreud" in its "Mozart's 250th" celebration concert.
(Also college Liebesfreud violinist Philip Kates attended thirty-something years ago.)
Full service CD replication company with the most friendly, capable and patient people in all departments (especially Jorge in graphic design). Enjoy their work (and ours) with Liebesfreud's recording, "Selected Shorts" - Neglected Gems for String Quartet.
- The place, not only, to find hundreds of independent label recordings, but to have the opportunity to listen to samples of music - try before you buy! All tracks from Liebesfreud's new release, Selected Shorts - Neglected Gems for String Quartet are available... for your listening pleasure! www.cdbaby.com/cd/liebesfreud (Buy it there, at the Kimmel Center Gift Shop, or order here: Please refer to our "Command Performance" page.)